Private Division is a new publishing label from Take-Two Interactive that already promises a plethora of exciting projects for 2019.
Private Division is the third label by Take-Two following Rockstar Games and 2K Games. The publisher has already announced partnerships with five studios to release a variety of games with a particular focus on RPG titles. The projects announced, thus far, are as follows:
- An RPG with Fallout co-creators Tim Cainand and Leonard Boyarsky from Tyranny developer Obsidian Entertainment.
- Project Wight, which is the codename for another RPG led by ex-DICE developers David Goldfarb and Ben Cousins.
- A sci-fi FPS from Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto at V1 Interactive.
- Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, coming from Panache Digital, which is led by Assassin’s Creed creator, Patrice Desilets.
- An expansion for Kerbal Space Program titled ‘Making History’ set to be released in 2018.
Michael Worosz, the SVP and head of independent publishing at Take-Two, said that Private Division has been in the works for over two years. During this time, the label acquired the Kerbal Space Program deal as part of the company’s groundwork.
According to Worosz, the new label will focus on working with independent studios to support high-quality games and new IPs.